Sunday, October 08, 2006

"Be Nice To Her"

On a sad note, my mom's best friend of almost 40 years died last Thursday. We couldn't make the trip for the funeral (she lived in New Jersey) because my mom broke her leg. I was also very close to her and her family. We grew up together when I lived in Florida (they lived in Florida at the same time). I miss her already. It's so weird not being able to pick up the phone and call someone when you are used to doing it for the past 20+ years.

The real tear jerker came when Cameron said his prayers the night we found out she passed away. Now, Cameron prays the same prayer every meal and every night all the time. Except this night he added at the end-"And please help Sheryl" I told Cameron that she didn't need help anymore because her cancer ended and she was with Jesus now. So then he prayed with tears in his eyes "Then be nice to her" Oh, out of the mouths and hearts of small children.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

He has got to be the cutest kid ever. Gotta love Cameron's sweet nature!

Anonymous said...

CAMERON I LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kris! And thanks to Cameron. It's great to have sweet friends like you. We love you guys!

-- Pam Schluter (on behalf of the whole Borst clan)